06 385 4176
Reservation Only 0800 40 88 88
Excellent facilities - Very welcoming - A pleasure to come!
THE RAETIHI HOLIDAY PARK IS SO LUCKY TO BE SITUATED IN BETWEEN TWO OF NEW ZEALANDS NATIONAL PARKS.
MOST OF OUR CUSTOMERS ARE STAYING WITH US TO ENJOY THE OUTDOORS TO SOME EXTENT – WHETHER EXPERIENCING THE WHANGANUI RIVER, CROSSING THE TONGARIRO OR SKIING ON MOUNT RUAPEHU – THE ENVIRONMENT IS IMPORTANT TO OUR GUESTS, AND IMPORTANT TO US TOO.
THE RAETIHI HOLIDAY PARK IS LUCKY TO BE HOME TO A RARE NATIVE PLANT, AND IN SUMMER THE NATIVE FALCON LIKES TO SWOOP PAST AND SEE HELLO. WE WANT TO PROTECT THESE TREASURES, AND THE OTHERS AROUND US.
HERE ARE JUST A FEW OF THE THINGS WE DO AROUND THE PARK:
Our teams goal is to recycle as much as possible, we have a recycling station at the Park and when we take rubbish our staff will actively sort through and recycle
• Where possible we have replaced lighting with energy efficient bulbs
• We use water efficient appliances to reduce water use
• We are replacing oil heaters in units with econo heaters which are a much more energy efficient way to heat. We aim to replace our hot water cylinders with gas hot water systems – hopefully by winter 2015
• We order in bulk and try to source products locally where possible
• We use bark on our gardens and are actively planting native trees - reducing the need to water gardens
• We use refillable soap dispensers around the Park
• We use environmentally friendly cleaning products when possible
• When we are quiet in winter extra fridges and appliances are turned off until we are busy.
• We donate old goods to the second hand store in Seddon Street, and old towels are recycled as cleaning towels
• We continually review & adapt our practices
• Recycling - you will find recycling depots around our Park, we ask that you please recycle and separate your rubbish.
• Switch off your lights, heaters and appliances when you leave your room
• Recycle our brochures - hand them back to reception and we will reuse them
• If it's a sunny day, why not hang your washing on our lines? Pegs are provided on the washing line if needed.